National Center for Development of Innovation and Entrepreneurial Learning (NCDIEL) organises competition for the best social enterprise idea, as part of the project RISE (Roma Inclusion through Social Entrepreneurship). The project is financed by the European Commission under the Grant Scheme “Fostering social inclusion and employment on Local level” EuropeAid/136315/ID/ACT/MK within the Operational Programme for Human Resources Development 2007-2013 (IPA Component IV).
The teams of up to 5 members of young Roma who are interested to participate, should apply online by filling in the short application form for their business idea for social enterprise, no later than 20.10.2017, on the following link:
The received applications will be assessed by the jury, and the best 8 teams will win certificates and will ensure their place in the final competition, which will take place in SE Hub, YES incubator (16 Makedonska brigada 13b, Skopje), on 24.10.2017. On the final competition, the teams will pitch their ideas for social enterprise in front of a simulated investment board (jury), and through a selection process, the best three teams will be awarded with the following awards:
- First place (award package of 700 EUR that includes 300 EUR monetary price and 20 hours of consultancy sessions with experts)
- Second place (award package of 600 EUR that includes 200 EUR monetary price and 20 hours of consultancy sessions with experts)
- Third place (award package of 500 EUR that includes 100 EUR monetary price and 20 hours of consultancy sessions with experts)
The consultant sessions with experts will assist the teams for development and practical realization of the social enterprises on any of the following topics:
- Business model development;
- Mentorship in financial planning;
- Risk management;
- Effective communication and marketing;
- Development of a business plan;
- Preparation for pitching the business idea in front of investment boards;
- Opportunities for additional external funding.